The Community Rallies to Host Giant Free Health Clinic at Seattle Center
Seattle/King County Clinic illustrates dedication of a caring community
“Despite implementation of the Affordable Care Act there are still tens of thousands of people across Washington without access to healthcare services,” said Christine Lindquist M.P.H, Executive Director with the Washington Healthcare Access Alliance. “This four-day free clinic was an opportunity not only to address acute health problems, such as an infected tooth or the need for glasses, but to provide medical screenings and connect patients with local resources to help them stay healthy. Organizing and implementing an event on this scale required months of planning, hundreds of volunteers and dozens of actively engaged partners. It represents the serious dedication of a caring community to address healthcare issues at the local level, to make a difference for the most vulnerable among us.”
- 3400 patients
- Over $2 million in services
- 1400+ unique volunteers
- 25,000+ volunteer hours
More details and photos coming soon!
We couldn’t have met these goals without help!
- Donations large and small continue to help us cover the costs of the clinic. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
For more information:
- SKCClinic@seattle.gov; 206-684-7200
- Volunteer information including a link to join our email list if you want to learn about future plans.
- Patient information
- Follow the Seattle/King County Clinic on Facebook
A very special thank you to the Host Community!