The Community Rallies to Host Giant Free Health Clinic at Seattle Center
Seattle/King County Clinic illustrates dedication of a caring community
More than 50 health, human service and civic organizations from across the State of Washington are joining together to produce a giant free health clinic Oct. 23 – 26 in KeyArena at Seattle Center. In partnership with the humanitarian organization Remote Area Medical® (RAM), the four-day volunteer-driven clinic provides a full range of free dental, vision and medical care to underserved and vulnerable populations in the region.
“Despite implementation of the Affordable Care Act there are still tens of thousands of people across Washington without access to healthcare services,” said Christine Lindquist M.P.H, Executive Director with the Washington Healthcare Access Alliance. “This four-day free clinic is an opportunity not only to address acute health problems, such as an infected tooth or the need for glasses, but to provide medical screenings and connect patients with local resources to help them stay healthy. Organizing and implementing an event on this scale requires months of planning, hundreds of volunteers and dozens of actively engaged partners. It represents the serious dedication of a caring community to address healthcare issues at the local level, to make a difference for the most vulnerable among us.”
- 1000+ patients per day
- 400+ volunteer healthcare professionals per day
- 200+ non-medical support volunteers per day
- 60+ dental operatories
- 15+ vision lanes
- Up to 300 prescription eyeglasses made per day
- 40+ medical exam rooms
We can’t meet these goals without your help!
- We’re seeking donations large and small to help us secure necessary medical supplies, immunizations, volunteer and patient food, printing and more. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation.
For more information:
- SKCClinic@seattle.gov; 206-684-7200
- Volunteer information
- Patient information
- Follow the Seattle/King County Clinic on Facebook
A very special thank you to the Host Community!