SEATTLE/KING COUNTY CLINIC
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the Seattle/King County Clinic and who is behind it?
The Clinic is a volunteer-driven, 4-day, healthcare event in KeyArena at Seattle Center that provides free dental, vision, and medical care to underserved and vulnerable populations. It is a community endeavor led by Seattle Center and produced in collaboration with many partner organizations.
2. Who is eligible to receive services? Is it limited to residents of Seattle and King County?
No, it is not limited to residents of Seattle and King County. The only qualification for service is that a person waits their turn in line to get a free admission ticket at the beginning of each Clinic day.
3. I’m interested in volunteering for future clinics. How do I sign up for updates?
Please sign up on our volunteer roster. Go to seattlecenter.org/volunteers and find the blue CLICK TO SIGN UP button. Even if there are not events currently scheduled, complete all other information on the form other than the EVENT section, then save and submit the form to be added to the roster. We will send notifications to those on the roster when the Clinic is scheduled as well as when registration opens for the actual event.
4. When is the next Clinic going to take place?
The next Clinic is scheduled for October 26 – 29, 2017.
5. Who pays for the Clinic?
Seattle Center, the Clinic’s non-profit fiscal agent Seattle Center Foundation, and Clinic partners collaborate to raise the money and resources needed to produce the Clinic. The annual base budget is approximately $750,000. With this foundation, the Clinic is able to provide more than $3.5 million in care to patients.
6. Are any of the services billed to insurance, by the healthcare practitioners or the Clinic?
No. All of the healthcare practitioners at the Clinic are volunteers, and they provide their services without compensation.
7. How can I make a donation?
Thank you for considering a donation – any amount helps! Donations can be made at by clicking the yellow DONATE button in the upper right-hand corner of this webpage.
8. I have equipment and supplies that I would like to donate. How can I do that?
Please email SKCClinic@seattlecenter.org and let us know what you have available, in what quantity and in what condition so we can evaluate whether it is something that we can use at the Clinic.
9. I was a patient in 2014, 2015, and/or 2016. How do I get a copy of my healthcare records?
Visit seattlecenter.org/patient-records/ to download the appropriate form respective to the year(s) you attended. Complete and submit the form according to the instructions provided.
10. I have a current healthcare need, do you know of other places that can help?
Yes, please go to seattlecenter.org/patients to find lists of other healthcare resources by county in Washington State.
11. Where can I learn more about the Clinic?